At Kemp Orthodontics, we will gladly assist you in filing your insurance. Insurance carriers offer many different orthodontic benefit packages to their subscribers, and each contract provides a different benefit. It is very important to know what your benefits are before treatment begins. If you are not sure of your benefits, contact your insurance company prior to your first orthodontic appointment.
Orthodontic insurance generally differs from regular dental insurance in that each insured individual usually has a life time maximum benefit for orthodontic services. Typically, this benefit is a percentage of the total orthodontic fee until the maximum benefit is reached. This benefit, in most cases, is paid over the course of the treatment.
I have come up with a helpful list of questions to follow when calling your insurance company.
- What percentage of your total treatment will your insurance pay?
- What is the maximum amount your insurance will pay for orthodontic treatment?
- Is there a deductible, and, if so, the amount?
- Is there an age limitation for treatment?
- Is there a waiting period?